I'm going to steal the questions for this month's project, Red King Draft 2.**
*I am so sorry for the overload of information and posts about my books. This is the last, I swear, at least for awhile.
**I'm using these instead of the ones I did for Wanderlust so you can compare. ^-^
1. what inspired the idea for your novel, and how long have you had the idea?Like I said in my past post, I read the Lunar Chronicles and wanted to do a fairy tale retelling, but in this post, you get the enthralling other side.
And then one night after an intense day of peopling, I told Hannah and Sierra that I hated all my projects.
Red King, the failed fairy tale retelling, and Fire and Gold, the desert story.
So obviously the next step is to combine them.
2. Describe what your novel is about!I think my fabulous synopsis which took 203828 drafts to write sums it up, and if it doesn't, I'll write draft 203829.
At one time, Dreamers were free to manipulate the minds of others. To serve as healers, to read people as judges, and to give people good dreams.
And then that all changed.
Emmy simply wants to live without fear of the law demanding the death of all Dreamers. Catus simply wants to sleep at night without nightmares. Neither can accomplish it without the other in a twisted way.
Amidst the Dreamer danger within the palace, a growing threat, a rumor, really lurks beyond. Inside, however, Catus's insanity constantly haunts him, and now Emmy. Moving past that itself is impossible, even more so now that she's considered a traitor by her own kind.
What doth thou think???
3. What is your book's aesthetics? Use words or photos or whatever you like!
4. Introduce us to each of your characters!First up we have Emmy. She's sixteen, never happy, and a Dreamer. A Dreamer is someone who can manipulate someone's mind, and they're also illegal and killed as soon as they're discovered. She thinks she's the last one, and that's why her parents went to such links to disconnect themselves from her. Emmy has an adopted brother Val who's a year younger.
Here's a picture of her.
Then we have Catus. Catus is insane. Catus speaks to imaginary people, voices in his head, and he can't get rid of nightmares. He has a tendency to stab people when he's upset, or when he's frustrated. He also does it by accident out of habit. Catus treats people like crap. Catus is married to Leela and has a son named Marcus.
Here is a picture of him as well.
5. How do you prefer to write?I definitely have an outline, but I research, plot, character sheet, I do a lot. Word wars, sprints, and crawls are extremely helpful. Also coffee. Lots and lots of coffee.
6. What are you most looking forwards to about this novel?
DREAMERS. DREAMERS ARE FABULOUS AND PRECIOUS AND SCARY AND *FLAPS HANDS* I CAN'T DESCRIBE THEM. I SWEAR I'LL PUT A SNIPPET UP WITH THEM WHEN I WRITE IT.
7. List three things about your novels settings
It's very dark.
It's very sandy.
It's very occupied.
8. What's your character's goal and who (or what) stands in the way?
Emmy's goal is to live safe and take care of Val. Catus's is to stop having nightmares. The fact that she's a Dreamer stands in the way of hers, and the fact that his father killed all the Dreamers ;) stands in the way of Catus's.
What are you writing for Camp/during April? Did you read the first post I did on Red King in November? Does it sound better/worse/no different?R