Tuesday, January 26, 2016

5 Things I Hate in Books

   As you might have noticed, I love books. :D But we went to Barnes and Noble, and guess what was the most popular teen book?
   Please. Kill. Me. Now. A teen text talk of Hamlet? I would rather read the original Hamlet. Seriously guys, I was the ghost one time and I felt super creepy. So yeah, it was super stupid.
Moving on to the teen shelf, that was just the table.


   When my dad got home, I told him, "Guess what? I found another shallow, teen, dystopian book to read!" He promptly rolled his eyes and sighed. Course, I was semi-kidding, but this is what our teens read! Don't get me wrong, I LOOOOVE the Hunger Games, Divergent was the stupidest thing I have ever read, and I am going to check Partials out.
So these are fifteen things I hate in books.

1. Instant Romance


   *cough* Divergent *cough* One thing I loved about the Hunger Games was she had known Gale and Peeta her whole life, ok, Gale four years, Peeta she hadn't know know him, but it doesn't matter, know of them and she spent time with them before falling in love. In Divergent, Tris sees four and thinks, "Man he's hot, oh, but I'm also mad at him, so let me think about this." She thought for all of about a day and promptly let it all run loose when he saved her from *CENSORED*

2. Awesome Girls


                                                         Just to be clear, I do not like GoT!!!!

   Come ON! Just because a few girls are cool, make your girl uncool for just one book at least. My protagonist Iris knows like two moves and she can climb stuff, she has fears! Ten of them and one of them is cruise ships!

3. Dystopia


   Ok I get it, I do guys. It's the rage...but too much of anything will make you sick of it. Like above, the books that were the most popular were the Hunger Games, Divergent, Partials, the Fifth Wave, and the Maze Runner. Dystopien, dystopian, dystopian, dyst...you get the point.

4. Sarcastic Characters


   Why not have a shy character? Ohhh, right, because nowadays teenagers are naturally sarcastic...right? So there are no shy teenagers out there? They are all sarcastic?

5. Twins


   I think twins are the most overused feature in books. And they are all boy-girl twins. The only books I have read with girl-girl twins or boy-boy twins are Twinypath by C. B. Cook and a new book that

Anywho, that's my post, hope you groaned and rolled your eyes at it as well. Oh, and Soleil did a character interview with Logan and Iris, and it's epic so check it out here.

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm, I agree with the dystopian thing, but I think that trend is slowly fading at the moment. Instant romance... NO. JUST NO. There is nothing that turns me off a book faster than instalove. It's so unrealistic and makes me want to cry. I have to disagree about the sarcastic teenagers thing, mostly because I adore sarcastic teenage characters. They always manage to make me laugh, which is great because so many books are dark and grim so it's nice to balance it out sometimes.

    Thanks for sharing your thoughts! (And if you're looking for a book without any of these things on the list, I would highly suggest "Airman" by Eoin Colfer and the "Chaos Walking" trilogy by Patrick Ness. Seriously, I cannot recommend them enough.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard of those two before! I might have to check them out...*pulls up library page*
      Thank you so much for reading!

      Delete