Wednesday, February 17, 2016

10 Pieces of Advice for New Bloggers Part 2

Here is the part 2 for my advice for new bloggers!

6. Stick with a background.

As you guys might have noticed, I changed my background. I haven't done this in a few months and unless people say things like, "Just take it down", I am going to keep it. People like your blog, and if you change things about it that they liked or you put up something that is hard to read, they are more likely to stop reading your blog.

7. Answer all comments.

As a reader, I absolutely love it when the blogger answers my comments! It's awesome and it makes me come back to your blog because I like connecting with people. Its super fun, trust me.

8. Post about yourself.

   Katie Grace does Monthly Highlight, and those are by far my favorite posts. I did Weekly Writing Updates, but now I will do them monthly because I want to be able to post about other things besides me. People like to know about you once in a while, even if you just run them through your favorite things to do. It's awesome.

9. Have a blog button.

   A text is basically just a little message on the side of your blog, you can make one in the gadget section. One good thing to have is a blog button and you can place that in the text. An amazing blogger made me one, and I am still figuring out how to get the html, but it's still cool! People can grab you button and put it on their favorite blog page.

10. Have links to your social medias.

I don't have one yet, but soon...Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, stuff like that so that bloggers can follow you on their and you can make new buddies!

So I hope these posts helped, thank you so much for reading!
R. J. Steele

4 comments:

  1. This is good advice! I actually made a logo for my blog which shows up at thje top of the tab (you can do that on Wordpress), but I didn't think about using it as a blog button. But... Yeah! That's a good idea.
    I think I'll go do that right now. *nod*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Cool! I'll definitely add it to my page of blogs I like!

      Delete
    2. Rachel how are you making your blog do well? I have been blogging since 2013 and have 4 followers and only 4,200 page views. Help?

      Delete
    3. It's pretty hard, but how I did it was I joined a forum with other writers, and we all (most of us) have blogs. If you comment regularly on the blogs you follow, you will get out there. Participate in blog tours as well.

      Delete