10 Pieces of Advise for New Blogger Part 1

   I was hanging out on the Jorum, and one the members said he was going to make a blog in the future, and then I had a brilliant idea to have a post with things that I have learned while blogging. I think my first blog post was May 14, 2015, so in about eight months, this is what I have observed.
Also, I am establishing  a new blogging schedule, I think four times a week is a little overwhelming. So I will post on Wednesday and then every Saturday for the Serial Story. If I am tagged, then I will do that on Tag Thursday.

1. Make your background light.

   I get it, especially for guys, you want a dark background, but for me personally, it has to have light or I am less willing to read on it. Alea Harper's blog has dark and light, a great combination. Just put a little light on your blog, just a suggestion.

2. Have a blogging schedule. 


   I didn't have a blogging schedule for a while and it wasn't that great. You can do two days a week, every day, one day a week, just make them synchronized. It helps your readers fall into a routine so that they know when to expect your post.

3. Join in blog tours and/or cover reveals.


Especially if you are a writer who wants to be published some day, helping another author is great to do, plus you get free books with blog tours. Then, sometime these authors will join your blog tour and help you out. It's a great way to get people to read your blog as well.

4. Make blogging friends

Just like with writing, if you are all alone, it's really hard to do that. You don't have people to encourage. And by blogging friends, I mean CONNECT! Don't just follow their posts, actually get to know them through their About Page, which leads me to my next tip...

5. Have pages.

It's pretty simple, you can find an easy tutorial about them here. An about page lets the bloggers get to know you, which, trust me, if you are super mysterious and never tell them about yourself, it makes your readers feel like they are reading a ghosts writing. A work in progress page is cool too, as is a page with your favorite blogs. The post I linked tell you all about them.


I hope that helped, next week I will post part 2!
Oh, and also, I've started posting my novelette The New World on Wattpad! Check it out here!





  

Comments

  1. I tagged you here:
    http://thefloweringvales.blogspot.com/2016/02/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I will compete this tomorrow and post it!

      Delete
    2. How do I make blogging friends Rachel ? I've been blogging since 2013 and I have not been successful much. Timeislove200.blogspot.com is my blog . Help??

      Delete
    3. I replied on your other comment on the second part. Hope it helps!

      Delete
    4. Thank you. : ). I will see what I can do to fix up my blog. Did you visit it? What do you think? Is it worth adding to your list of blogs you read on your blogger feed?

      Delete
    5. I did, but I wouldn't add it because whenever I do visit, it always messes up, reloads, and then freezes, or a weird pop up comes up. I saw your blog through the Flash Fiction Challenge.

      Delete
    6. Thanks for the feedback. That may be a reason why not many people follow my blog. Viewer feedback matters. Idk why my blog has a wierd pop up. Does it say something like click here to win and redirect ? Why do ya think my blog freezes?

      Delete
    7. You do that thing that blogger offers, right? Where you allow ads on your blog and they pay you?

      Delete
    8. Yes and last month I got paid six cents . I just checked my balence

      Delete
    9. That's probably where those come from.

      Delete
    10. Ok, and can I be honest with my last piece of advise?

      Delete
    11. A lot of your blog content is not appropriate for young viewers, or even some YA viewers, and my blog and the blogs I promote are for all ages. Making it all ages, or at least for YAs would bring more traffic, or you can find a group who have the same style and age group as you do.

      Delete
    12. Ok.... I understand. Is it the short stories or poetry. The short stories were specifically targeted by a teen and YA audience b/X older people would find my stories stupid and I wanted good entertainment for teens and YA. I am a stern myself so I DO NOT want to cater to a old people audience

      Delete
    13. I CAN see my poetry being dark though. I can change that.

      Delete
    14. Please tell me what best be removed. Thanks.

      Delete
    15. My blog has always been aimed at a teen,pre teen, and YA audience. Please tell me what you think must be removed

      Delete
    16. It's more of the content then the style. I would set the age level at seventeen+

      Delete
    17. Uh.... A Buncha my followers are not 17 yet build I would rate it 16+ if anything

      Delete
    18. And yes, All of the poetry on my blog was written by me. Same for the stories. The stories are in my opinion less graphic.

      Delete
    19. If you want also, you could start over with a new blog! I did, and I was very glad I did. Just a suggestion.

      Delete
  2. Good tips. :-) Also, your new background is great!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts