Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Adela's Curse Blog Tour-Interview

Here is an interview I did with the author, Claire.




  1. What was your first book that you wrote?
  2. The first book I wrote was what would become my first published book, The Rise of Aredor. But if you want to know the first ever story I started writing, it was a story in which I got transported to Middle Earth and met up with the Rohirrim. That is safely buried away somewhere. ;)

  1. Do you eat while writing? If so, what?
Not usually. I just have my giant tumbler of water. But if I do snack, it’s usually goldfish. I love them so much.

  1. How do you deal with writers block?
I stop writing. I’m not one of those people who advocates just pushing through the block. Anything I write is going to be drivel, so why bother? Since my block results from not knowing what comes next in a scene or storyline, or just plain not wanting to write, I put it aside and wait until I discover the missing element or I really have a hankering to write. In that case the second usually solves the first, and I’m good to go.  

  1. What is your favorite book?
I’ve already kind of answered this question in another interview, so I’ll give another book on my favorites list. I discovered Behold the Dawn by K. M. Weiland over a year ago. The beginning was a little slow and I almost didn’t keep reading but I picked it back up and didn’t move from the couch for the rest of the day. It’s an amazing book and I highly recommend it.

  1. If you could spend a day doing whatever, what would you do?
Tough question. I think I would load up a backpack with a notebook, some lunch, and plenty of snacks, pick a mountain and hike until I found a great view and sit down and write. When I want a break, I’d hike until I find another view and just repeat the process.


Thanks so much for having me, Rachael!

9 comments:

  1. That was a good answer for what to do if you had a whole day. I'd be inclined to agree. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd just eat ice cream and Netflix the whole day. Which I do.

      Delete
    2. Haha! I'd be tempted to do the same, Rachael! :)

      Delete
    3. :D It's super fun, but...unhealthy...

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for having me over! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for letting me interview you!

      Delete
  3. I like the answer to #5! Can it be hiking in New Zealand? I'd definitely do that! And visit the Hobbit village while there. :D

    ReplyDelete