Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Writing a Book with Someone

   I posted a few posts back about how I was writing a book with another person. Sierra and I are on our third week and we just hit 22k! Almost 23, but for now, we are still at 22k! That's really good ya'll! So today, I am going to be talking about writing with another person!
      There are sooo many perks to this! I'm sure there are some downsides to it as well, but I haven't run into any yet.

   #1 Awesomeness!

myehmyehmyeh. *flops on the floor and rolls around* This is what Sierra typed in the Hangouts thingy, and I was like, "...What?" And we do that! Randomness and talking about the weirdest things! Like I said that my friend assassinated me at youth! And it's so awesome, because it's awesomeness!
  

   #2 Awesomeness #2

   The awesomeness that you get to write! We just introduced a really really creepy character, and it was really...creepy, but we were creeped out together and it was awesomeness! When our charries have an adorable moment, or six, or all of them, we just fangirl together!

#3 Adorable Couples

   
   We have officially shipped all four of our MC's, but last night Thalea totally made us cry, worm around, and just fangirl! They were so cute I was just dying, crying while telling my cousin and my Mom, rolling around on my bed while my mom came in to say goodnight, and I'm printing the scene out so I can read it whenever. 

#4 Someone Else


   When you have someone else to share the feels with, it makes it special. It's awesome and super fun! We spend a third of our writing time telling each other all about the book even though we're both writing it.



   Well, I guess that's it! Thank you so much for reading, and here are the questions to answer in the comment section:
   Have you ever written anything with another person? Did you like it? Would you do it for the first time or again?

Rachael   
 


13 comments:

  1. I wrote a really embarrassing story with my sister two of our friends a long time ago. It was very fun! At the time we were so proud of it...looking back it was the worst story in history. LOL. ;) I would definitely do it again if I found the right partner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww! I bet it's cute. Yes, the right partner is super important, luckily I did. xD (cough) um, that might have been a Cap joke about partners, just not the same kind.

      Delete
  2. I've written almost a complete story with a friend (we want to be able to finish it together in person though), and then I wrote another form of story with another friend. It was kind of like roleplaying, but also story form. It was fun. :)
    But yeah, it's definitely important to find someone who writes similar so that the story really flows!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's actually what sparked the idea of writing together, we were both online, but none of our RP buddies were, so we started a role play type story. :D It is really fun!

      Delete
  3. My friend and I are working on a story, but it is going pretty slowly because of our schedules. After this post, I'm so excited to get back to it! Good luck on your story, Rachael!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wrote a short story with my sister, but I would love to do something bigger with a friend. (unfortunately, my sister does not share the same enthusiasm as I do when reading, and thus, her writing *shakes head sadly*)
    Excited to see what you guys come up with! It sounds really cool. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, enthusiasm is hard to match.

      Delete
  5. I have to admit that I have never written a story with someone. I have awesome critique partners that I experience the perks you mentioned with, but I've never actually shared development with someone. I ping ideas of my sister some because talking through the plot holes helps, but other than that . . .

    When you write a story with someone, how do you actually divide up who writes what and how? Or do you just sit there at a computer, one person typing, and kind of generate it together?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D We use Google Docs, so we can watch each other write and write at the same time, so she'll write a paragraph of what her character did, I'll write one about what mine did.

      Delete
  6. Who assassinated you at Youth? When did this happen?!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Should've known. *shakes head sadly* oh Logan.

    ReplyDelete