Friday, May 20, 2016

All About Ilyon

   One of my favorite series EVER is the Ilyon Series, by Jaye L. Knight. I am doing the blog tour for the third/fourth book(third, but there was a novella in-between books) Samara's Peril. I almost didn't make the signup, apparently I accidently signed up to review it on Amazon and not the blog tour, but Jaye was super kind and said I could do it anyways. xD
   I luuuurve this series, for a ton of reasons, so basically this post is going to be three posts in one. xD


  

                              8 Reasons Why I Love Ilyon!

   1. The coffee

   I am a coffee fanatic, like, I live off of coffee, and there's quite a lot of coffee in the books, so walaa!

   2. The dragons

   I think we can all agree that DRAGONS ARE AWESOME! WOO HOO! And in The King's Scrolls, they have DRAGONS! Therefore that makes the series 100 times better.

   3. The fight scenes

   Jaye does such an amazing job with the fight scenes! I can visualize what's happening in my head, and that's ways a super good thing.

   4. The family

   Kaden, Kyrin, Micheal, Ronny, Liam, and Marcus are an awesome family! There are parents, but hey, just the kids for now. :D Kaden's my me, when I took the personality quiz, I got Kaden! Kyrin's an amazing mix between brave and reasonably unbrave. Liam's sooo sad and pitiful, he needs a hug. And Marcus is my soulmate! When I took that quiz, I got him, so ha.

   5. Kaden


   Kaden get's his own paragraph. HE'S SO ME! Always hungry, sarcastic, and yes! AHH! Anywho, he's epic with a sword and dragon, and he loves Kyrin, his twin.

   6. The feels

   When a certain character died, I curled up in a ball and cried myself to sleep and then woke up, re-read it, curled up in a ball, and cried again. THE FEEEEEELS!

   7. Davira

   Deadly, vicious, and terrifying. Yup, sums her up. Creepy eyes and stuff. I hate her soooo much!


   8. The tension

   Oh. My. Gosh. THE TENSION! I think we can all agree that we're on our seats most of the time, especially involving a certain character...*coughs* Marcus in TKS *coughs*

                                     The Review

   Ok, so Samara's Peril was a good book! I really liked it, but there were a few things that weren't my favorite. Here's the back first.

   When news arrives that Emperor Daican has been in contact with his chief war strategist, it signals potential doom for the country of Samara. Determined to intervene, the resistance in Landale, headed by Lady Anne, embark on a covert mission in hopes of unearthing further information. However, a shocking discovery leads to complications no one could have foreseen.



   Armed with their newfound knowledge, they set out for Samara to warn the king. War is inevitable, and they must face two desperate battles—one on the walls of Samara’s great stronghold, and the other on the battlefield of Jace’s heart, where victory might only be achievable through great sacrifice.
  
   I looooved the characters all over again, including the new ones. There was a scene where someone was taken to the Palace, and I was on the edge of my seat! There was a speech in there given my Daican that was kind of cheesy, typical villain.  
   There was an impulsive kiss that I was not happy about. I'm one of those people who only enjoy right-before-death-kisses, not before a wedding or anything.
   Also, the plotline was old. It seemed like a Truth and Trust repeat, it's been done before. The characters though! *flails happily*


   Enter the giveaway! The book's amazing!



a Rafflecopter giveaway


About the Author


Jaye L. Knight is an award-winning author, homeschool graduate, and shameless tea addict with a passion for Christian fantasy. Armed with an active imagination and love for adventure, Jaye weaves stories of truth, faith, and courage with the message that even in the deepest darkness, God’s love shines as a light to offer hope. She has been penning stories since the age of eight and resides in the Northwoods of Wisconsin.


You can connect with Jaye on her website, blog, Facebook, Google+, Twitter, and Etsy




Friday, May 13



·        Tour Introduction at Jaye L. Knight

·        Review at Pencils Can Change the World

·        Book Spotlight at Fictionally

·        Review and Author Interview at Written Rest

·        Review at However Improbable

·        Review at Meagan Davenport

·        Review and Excerpt at Gabrielle-Soli Deo Gloria



Saturday, May 14



·        Character Q&A at Ilyon Chronicles - Behind the Scenes

·        Author Interview and Excerpt at And Then There Were Three

·        Review and Author Interview at Lakeside Publications

·        Review and Author Interview at Reviews by Soleil

·        Review and Author Interview at Red Lettering

·        Author Interview at alivemasterpiece

·        Review at Sutori no Hana

·        Book Spotlight at Fishing For Ideas



Sunday, May 15



·        Review and Excerpt at Melody Jackson, Author

·        Book Spotlight at God's Peculiar Treasure Rae

·        Review at The World Of The Writer

·        Review and Author Interview at Running In His Reign

·        Review and Excerpt at Inklings and Notions

·        Review at My Bookcase and I



Monday, May 16



·        Character Q&A at Ilyon Chronicles - Behind the Scenes

·        Review at Reality Calling

·        Review at Backing Books

·        Review and Excerpt at Haddie's Haven

·        Book Spotlight and Excerpt at Rachel Rossano's Words

·        Review and Excerpt at Writings, Ramblings, and Reflections

·        Review and Author Interview at A Heart Redeemed



Tuesday, May 17



·        Review and Author Interview at Reading Anyone

·        Review and Author Interview at Honey Rock Hills

·        Author Interview at Morgan Elizabeth Huneke

·        Review at Shire Reviews

·        Review and Author Interview at 26CountlessPossibilities

·        Excerpt at The Overactive Imagination



Wednesday, May 18



·        Character Q&A at Ilyon Chronicles - Behind the Scenes

·        Review and Excerpt at Thriving Hope

·        Book Spotlight at The Destiny of One

·        Book Spotlight at Letters from Annie Douglass Lima

·        Book Spotlight at The Writer's Window

·        Review at To Be A Person

·        Author Interview at Leah's Bookshelf



Thursday, May 19



·        Review at A Writer's Heart

·        Review and Author Interview at Scattered Journal Pages

·        Review and Excerpt at Elvish Pens, Fantastical Writings

·        Review and Author Interview at Tricia Mingerink

·        Review and Author Interview at The Book Hound

·        Review at O. Scarlett! Reviews

·        Author Interview at Knitted By God's Plan



Friday, May 20



·        Character Q&A at Ilyon Chronicles - Behind the Scenes

·        Book Spotlight at A Sapphire Chamber

·        Review at Leah's Bookshelf

·        Review at Looking Through My Lens

·        Review and Author Interview at Zerina Blossom's Books

·        Review and Author Interview at The Warrior and the Writer

·        Review and Author Interview at Thoughts of Anna S. Brie



Saturday, May 21



·        Tour Conclusion at Jaye L. Knight


   Rachael
   Have you read any of the books? What's your favorite fantasy? Favorite fantasy character?

13 comments:

  1. YOU GOT ME WITH THE DRAGONS AND COFFEE. Two of the world's greatest inventions, let's be real here. *flails happily with you* I hadn't heard of this series but I'll have to check it out sometime. :D

    Thanks for stopping by @ Paper Fury!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Yes yes yes! :D It's super good!

      Delete
    2. I actually thought I'd mentoned them oncein a comment on your blog, but never mind.

      Delete
  2. I love your reasons. Except I'm not a coffee person.
    3 is one of my favouritest things. 7, well that on of yhose strange contradictions in fiction. You love because you hate.
    And the tension, that particular incident you mentioned. Heart wrenching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. EEK, I LOVE THIS SERIES SO MUCHHHH! <3 <3 <3

    I haven't read Jaye's other series under her other pen name, so I obviously couldn't spot plot repeats in Samara's Peril. :)

    Heh, I was a little surprised by that kiss, too. At first I was a little edgy about it... and then BOOM! I LIKE LOVED IT AND I WOULDN'T HAVE IT ANY OTHER WAY. So, yeah. There's my indecisiveness for you, haha. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looove that series too!
      They're really good, the pirate ones especially.
      xD

      Delete
  4. This sounds like an awesome book/series! Dragons for the WIN! And fight scenes that you can actually follow are a rare occurrence. So yay! :D And haha all I can hear (in my mind) is the bat in that gif, going "and then I'd keeck her, sir." Oh, Anastasia. That movie scared me when I was young. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yees! Dragons! Yes, sometimes they can be confusing. I love that movie!

      Delete
  5. *comes in creepily six days later* I took the quiz, (What Ilyon Guy is right for you quiz) and I got Talas! He basically the keeper of the dragons, so yessss!!!!!! Not to mention he is Kaden's best friend. So I would see him quite a bit too. And then we could all grab our dragons and go for a flight around Ilyon. ;)*sighs happily* Sounds lovely. :D

    I agree that Kaden needs his own paragraph. XD Kaden is in my favorite characters list. (I mean, he likes dragons. He can't just not be in your favorite character list XD)

    I laughed so hard when it got to the Davira paragraph! XD That little gif is just the greatest. XD AHHHH! I JUST LOVE THIS SERIES SO MUCH!!!!!!! *hugs all the characters*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got Marcus. *swoons*
      Yaaaas! And he loves food!
      *narrows eyes* Davira!

      Delete
  6. I loved your list! EEK! WAIT?! THERE ARE QUIZES!!! Where can I find these???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! <3 On the series website. xD

      Delete