Espionage

   I'm here today to review the book Espionage by Morgan Elizabeth Huneke.




“Sir Roland has invited us to visit for the Autumn Feast.”

“Do we have to go, Papa? I couldn’t feast with the most crooked politician in all of Briznom.”

As the daughter of a Briznomian vassal lord, Vannie Cumberland has spent her childhood immersed in the world of politics. Relations between Briznom and the neighboring country of Calhortz are strained due to the tyrannical rule of the strytes. A proposed alliance could calm relations between the two countries, but would come at the cost of Briznom’s freedom.

When her father’s political archenemy invites them to the Autumn Feast, Vannie uncovers an evil scheme endangering the life of someone close to her. Personal enmity comes to a dangerous head as Vannie struggles to expose the corruption and stop the alliance. Time is running out.

Events are becoming too big for her to handle. Will Sir Roland’s son help or will things finally spiral out of control?

Buy Now





                          My Review
   I wasn't super interested, to be honest. The characters felt...flat. The whole story felt flat.

Characters
   Vannie was frankly annoying. She was the typical why-is-my-family-making-me-be-a-lady princess and she was super annoying to her elders and servants how wanted her to act like she was supposed to.
   Kyle was cool! I have to admit, I didn't like him at first, but he was the only good character in the whole book. He was actually one of the only reasons I kept reading, he knew what he needed to do, and he acted like he was supposed to: a lord.
   Kermit is Vannie's betrothed, and he was so stereotypical it wasn't even funny. He was fat, annoying, and sarcastic. That's always how they are, why can't we have a normal betrothed?
   Sir Roland was awesome! I found myself rooting for him...and he's the evil guy! When he broke down at the end, I was like, "You're a conniving murderer, what are you doing?" He wasn't realistic at the end at all.   
Overall
   I wasn't a fan of the book, maybe it had something to do with the POV, but it was so flat and boring. I give it 2/5 stars.


a Rafflecopter giveaway


About the Author


Morgan Elizabeth Huneke is a homeschool graduate who lives in Georgia. She has enjoyed creating characters and writing stories since early childhood. Books have always been a big part of her life, never more so than when working at the local library. Her other interests include reading, playing the piano and violin, and politics.

You can connect with Morgan on her website, blog, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, and Pinterest.



Comments

Popular Posts