Friday, June 24, 2016

OYAN Conference Wrap-up

  Ok, so I mentioned a surprise in my last wrap up post. Yup, I WENT TO A CONFERENCE! AHHHH! This post will be kind of short I guess, but it's just an update.    There were so many kids there! Like, two hundred kids plus people. :D I don't have a lot of pictures, but that's because I had no camera. So yeah.

                                                   Photo Credit: Nadine Brandes
   It was sooo amazing! We ate lunch at the totally amazing cafeteria and had critique groups in it, which means drinks all through groups. There was an ice cream bar y'all guys! (Yes, I know ya'll guys is improper grammar. :P)
   The people! Oh my gosh!  I had the most amazing roommate ever!



   We would stay up until curfew, than like hop into bed as fast as we could! Man, curfew was fun, especially when we played Apples to Apples with Mrs. S and others, then she rushed us to the dorms in a golf cart like three minutes before curfew.
   I GOT TO MEET THE AMAZING NADINE BRANDES!!! She was one of the reasons I wanted to come, then on Wednesday I shakily went up to her to introduce myself (with my Mom and roommate) and she signed my books! YAY! We ate lunch together on Friday, which was amazing! She is such an amazing person.


   The speakers...AHHH! They were sooo amazing! Anyways, it was amazing! Feel free to ask questions about it! I'll do a couple more posts on this.

   Rachael

   Have you been to a conference? Which author have you met or would like to meet?


19 comments:

  1. Sounds cool! Was it like "a day at college"? Lets see if i could meet an author ummm. San Lee! I would totally want to me San Lee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup! No, we just had it on a campus. Stan Lee would be cool!

      Delete
    2. oh okay, Still it looked like a super crash time! Yea Stan Lee (can't believe I forgot the 'T')is one of the best comic writers ever!

      Delete
    3. It was! I've only seen his movies and shows, but the DC ones are better...

      Delete
    4. umm Stan Lee is with Marvel not Dc XD

      Delete
    5. I know, I like the DC shows better.

      Delete
    6. Okay :) yea Dc shows have been better then Marvels

      Delete
  2. Ooh, sounds like this was a blast! :D As for one author I'd like to meet, it would probably be Nadine Brandes. So fun that you got to see her at this conference! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. WAIT WHAT I didn't know you went to SW... are you on the OYAN forum? I would think we would have stumbled across each other...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :P I got an account like two days ago.

      Delete
    2. Waaaiiiitt.
      rayray? I think you just followed me. XP *goes to say hi*

      Delete
    3. Yup! I was glancing through those online and found you. :P

      Delete
  4. Ooooh. I wanted to go here so badly. Especially since Nadine was there... But. My wallet told me not to (except that I don't have a wallet). xP
    That sounds awesome. ^-^ I saw the picture of you with Nadine, on Nadine's blog, and it made me grin, 'cause I recognized you. ^-^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww. :(
      It was sooo awesome! But she didn't have one with me up there...

      Delete
    2. Oh, yeah, no, she didn't. * facepalms* My mom showed me pictures that Nadine posted on Facebook.

      Delete
  5. The conference sounds like it was incredible! And there are SO many authors that I want to meet, I don't think I could ever pick one :D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was amazing! And yaaas, like, thank goodness they chose for me. :P

      Delete