Camp NaNoWriMo 2016

   This is a peptalk, yes. I will be totally filling you up with French frie hope so that you can finish your goal. Here we go...*takes deep breath then flops from the strain of writing an intro*
                                                           

   So the first Camp NaNo I ever did was a goal of 10k words. Now I do like 76k in less than a month, but let me tell you...it's haaaard! And I'm like definitely not a Cait, I can't just like blurt 5831458 words a day, I have to like be in the mood or I draaaag. *sobs* CAMP NANO IS HARD Y'ALL! ANYONE WHO GOES, "CAMP IS EEEASY," DRAG THEM OFF AND BEHEAD THEM! (Ok, please don't actually behead them.)
   But on the first day, I'm over here like, "Woohoo! Four thousand words in one day!" And then by the last day, I'm over here like
   Yeah, it's bad. But hey! I'm alive! (*whispers* Or am I, I could be a typing zombie because I wrote for so long and my fingers froze up... I'll leave you with that.)) On the last day, I'm over here like, "Go go go! Ten thousand words, pump them out Rachael!"  
   Also, during NaNo, I am a wingless zoo pet to be spectacled by my family members, so I literally sit at the desktop and like type until my fingers freeze up yet again and I have to thaw them with coffee or my coffee supply runs out and I have to stop to make a PowerPoint presentation in order to convince my mom that I need more coffee.

                                                                         Source
   Camp is a struggle. It is! This year my friend and I are writing a book together, and I'm alphaing two books, so yahhh. (k, so one book I am alphaing, and I just volunteered for another one yesterday, so it hasn't started yet.) But yeah, it's a lot of work, but it's cool!
   This is pretty much my thoughts on Camp, so bear with me. If you're doing NaNo or have done it, then this could be interesting, but if you're a casual writer, then you can just like zombie through this, or read it, and then do a NaNo or Camp!
   Ok, so pretty much what Camp even is is an online website where you set a goal to write, in my writing partner and I's case, 50k. Then you join a cabin, I'd advise joining one with people who you know, because a random one is creepy... Just let me know if you need one and I can suggest it. :) You only do cabins for Camp, not in November.
   I can't stress this enough, but one of the most important things in November are buddies. If I didn't have my buddies, I probably wouldn't be able to finish my book. I have a group hangouts that I created with fellow writers, and we just encourage each other, it's amazing.
   Small goals work for some people, like one thousand words at a time, but I prefer to just write until my fingers freeze (again) and my coffee levels are dangerously low. Pounding out the words is awesome and afterwords I can collapse with Netflix and feel accomplished. (Yes, I purposely spelled afterwards "afterwords" because it's AFTER WORDS!)
   Words sprints, wars, and such are AMAZING! This is where buddies come in, I prefer sprints because I know how many words I need and how many, but then there's this: The Most Dangerous Writing App. Click on the link, set how long you want to write for, then click start. If you stop for too long, five seconds maybe, it erases alllll that you just wrote, it's AMAZING!

                                                                            Source

   So basically if you're having trouble with writing, just remember, YOU CAN DO IT! I've done it twice, and working on my third, and trust me, if I can do it, you can too. I hope this provided some insight or something or whatever, honestly it's just a rambling.
   If you're doing NaNo this month, YOU CAN DO IT!
   Rachael

   Are you doing Camp? What's your word goal and how are you doing? If you aren't have you considered it or heard about it?

Comments

  1. YES I'm doing Camp! For the first time, actually, and I'm having a ton of fun! I set my word count goal to 20k - nice and easy for the first time around. I'm ALMOST halfway done, so I think I'm doing pretty good :D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! It's so much fun! I love doing it.

      Delete
  2. I'm doing Camp NaNo for the first time this month, and I am loving it. :D My goal was 15k, since we are going to be pretty busy soon, but I am thinking about bumping it up quite a lot, considering how ahead I am. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know a lot of people who do that. :D Keep going!

      Delete
  3. I'm doing campnano! I think I'll do a post on it soon...

    Mic from Mic's Room (https://lovelypinkduckshome.blogspot.com/)
    ~Mic

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg I'm cracking up at that comic. AND HHAHAHHA to me writing a gazillion words per day. XD I mean, sometimes. But then I don't write for a million months afterwards, so it evens out! ;D And omg buddies are glorious. My first-draft process is usually very solo, but editing and things = I need people's shoulders to sob on and to motivate me. And I TOTALLY get the just sitting and typing and typing until your hands fall off. I DO THAT TOO. Basically when I write, my family doesn't see or hear from me for a week. XD

    I'm not doing Camp, but I hooooope I will do the November NaNo again!!

    Thanks for stopping by @ Paper Fury!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knowww! It was so funny! And yes, sometimes you have to just type it out. :D

      Delete
  5. I've got a goal of 25k which is my highest yet. And I'm ahead, I've had more work that usual and I haven't taken a break from my blog. So I'm slightly fater. But i still can't do heaps in a day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! Hope it goes well for you!

      Delete
    2. I'm hoping to finish before the end. Then I can take some time to sort out other things.

      Delete
  6. Great post! I'm doing it this year! It's crazy fun...for now! I have a goal for 50,000 words, but I'm hoping for 60,000!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts