Friday, September 9, 2016

The Authors are Rising Tag


   I was tagged by the fabulous Hannah for this tag, so here we go.

Da Rules: (Ok I love whoever created this because I use da instead of the and mah instead of my all. the. time.)

>>Write a post thanking the person who tagged you; include the tag, the 11 questions asked, your answers, and in reply to the request of a small piece of poetry or writing, write a brief 150-word story.
>>At the end of the post, provide 11 new questions.
>>Request a brief 150-word story from the people you tagged.
>>Tag at least one person, and include a link to their blog.



How long have you been writing? 
   A little over a year. I actually did a writing anniversary post. *shoves it to you* I KNOW IT'S HARD TO BELIEVE THAT IN A YEAR I'VE FINISHED EIGHT DRAFTS AND THREE OF THEM WERE FULL LENGTH NOVELS!

What made you decide to become an author? 
   Probably when I had this idea and started writing about it and learned I was less crazy when I wrote it out. *nods* Alllll da ideas were pressuring!

Where do you find inspiration? 
   In the world around meeeeee...ok, mostly actually in things I do. Like pick up a fry. OH MY GOODNESS I NEED A DYSLEXIC BOOKWORM WHO EATS FRIES AND COFFEE! Or on Pinterest. THERE'S A PICTURE OF COFFEE I NEED COFFEE WHICH INSPIRES ME TO WRIIITE!

What's a favorite quote from a book/story you've written? 
*goes off to find one*
I is back. Here's what I got.


What's the title of the favorite story you've written?
   Probably Iris...WHICH IS NOW BEING POSTED ON WATTPAD! HERE IT IS AHHHH!

Do you prefer writing in 1st, 2nd, or 3rd person? 
   I always write in third person, but I want to try first with a couple things. I like having multiple POV's do. So...*flops around*

Who's an author you tend to write like?
   Tricia Mingerink. When I read her book, I literally stared at it for a moment before realizing it wasn't mine. Our writing styles are very similar. It's scarrry.

Do you write in short bursts fairly often, or several thousand words in one sitting but with larger breaks between sittings?
   I write in the morning usually, daily, so maybe a thousand or one thousand five hundred in an hour?


Have you ever had scenes (usually written late at night and discovered the next morning) when something happens in your story that you weren't expecting? If so, could you tell us what it was?
   UM YES! LET'S JUST SAY THAT IT STARTED OUT A PROPOSAL FROM MY OTP AND THEN BY THE END SHE HAD BEEN MANIPULATED MENTALLY TO MARRY THE VILLAIN! IT'S SCARY! AHH! I FREAKED!

What's an odd writing quirk you have?
   Um, I have to have music. It's a must. Cause the silence is creeeeepy and yes.

What's the weirdest thing you've researched for a story?
   Ummmmm, maybe about cauterization, but I'm not totally suuuuure.......
And...one last thing: Give us a peek into how you write by sharing either a 150 word story/poem or a snippet from one of your longer stories.
  
   *goes to somehow choose*
                                                                *****
I straighten my gown and take a deep breath. Graduation, why did I skip a grade? I could have avoided this by just doing the stupid grade. Now I have to go through this a year early. At least it’s with Ian, but I also Graduate with people I don’t like.
There are more than one.
I promise.
It’s not just Anders.
Ok, maybe it is.
Whatever, he’s the bane of my existence, it’s not like there’s anything wrong with me for not liking him. Seriously, anyone would agree, he’s a menace. A blond menace. A tall blond menace. A-
“Daya, Ian’s here, come on.” Liam calls. “I’ll be on duty today, but I made sure I’m guarding the ceremony, so I’ll still see you.”
“Ok, coming!” I call back, snatching my shoes from the bed. Heels, I’m already tall enough to be in the middle, but I didn’t want to be shorter than people today, so I’m wearing heels.
Ok, shorter than a couple people…
Shorter than Anders…
I’ll admit it! Today, I am being extra careful, he is not ruining this day! It’s my Graduation for goodness sakes! He-
“Daya, sometime today would be nice!” Ian calls. I roll my eyes and slip into the heels, wobbling a bit. “Daya, come on!”
                                                             ******


   She is sooooo funnnnnny! I LUUUV HER!

   Anywho, that's it I guess...Here are my questions:

   1. What was the first story you ever wrote?
   2. Do you drink tea/coffee/etc? If so, what?
   3. What kind of music do you listen to while writing?
   4. Do you post on Wattpad?
   5. How often do you get writers block?
   6. What is the happiest story you've ever written?
   7. What is the saddest story you've ever written?
   8. Where do you write best?
   9. Have you ever written a book with someone?
   10. What's your favorite genre to write?
   11. Do you write in a notebook or on a computer?
I tag...

   And please share a 150 word poem or story thingy...CLIPS GUYS WE NEED CLIPS OF YOUR STORIES!

   Thank you so much for reading!
Rachael

   ARE YOU PREPARED FOR NANO? (sorry, I had to) DO YOU HAVE A TITLE? HOW OFTEN DO YOU WRITE IN ALL CAPS? TALK TO MEEEEEEE


9 comments:

  1. I DO. I WRITE IN ALL CAPS. XD

    I am NOT prepared for NaNo, no, no, no... but I'm working on it. :P I'm hoping to have a FULL outline by the beginning of November, and I really hope that ends up happening. I can't wait to share my novel's synopsis on the NaNo site. I have no clue as to a title, though. xP

    Wow, you've written a lot of stuff in one year! o.o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE ALL CAPS!
      I IS SO READY I CAN'T EVEN haha nope not ready not ready at allll...
      Thankkkkk you!

      Delete
  2. I AM SO PROUD OF YOU, CHILE!!! *takes all you eight drafts and keeps them as my own* THEY SHALL NOW BE MINE, AND THEY SHALL BE MY SQUISHYS.


    *flops and sobs at the third one from the bottom* TRYSTAAAAAAN! ARRRRRRGGGG, WHY DOES TREVIE HAS TO BE SUCH A CUTE SHIP, EVEN THOUGH THEY GOT TOGETHER IN SUCH A TWISTED WAY. IT WOULD BE MUCH EASIER TO HATE HIM IF HE WASN'T SO STINKIN' SWEET WITH EVIE. *sobs*

    *blinks at the question bold thingy* Rachael? *dies laughing* BUT AHHFHDOUFHW I TALK IN ALL CAPS LIKE I IS DOING NOW *squeaks* I IS, I IS!

    NaNo? Not at all.....*sighs* I have gotten the playlist and Pinterest board started do.....*coughs* That counts for something, right?

    "he’s a menace. A blond menace. A tall blond menace. A-" *flops on da floor and laughs* SHE WIKES HIM, DOESN'T SHE? SHE SAID HE WAS THE BANE OF HER EXESITENCE, BUT SHE WAS GOING TO SAY HE WAS CUTE WASN'T SHE *grins* SHE WAAAAAAS, WASN'T SHE *grins harder* SHHHHHEEEE WIIIKKKKEEESS HIIIIIMMM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU MY CHILE! *takes them back*
      SHHHHHHH HANNAH IT'S OK JUST DEEEAL WITH IT!
      I KNOW YOU DO I DO TOOOO!
      No, dey is not a ship.

      Delete
    2. -_- I took it first -_-
      DEAL WITH IT? *screams bloody murder* RAACCCCCHHHHAAAAEEEELLLL, I CAN'T JUST DEAL WITH IT *sobs*

      Delete
  3. I am SO NOT prepared for NaNo. I haven't even really tried to prepare yet XD. Maybe that would be a good idea ...

    ~ Savannah
    scattered-scribblings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous answers!! *hugs* and YESSSSS I AM SO READY FOR NANO. LIKE. I'M SO READY. (not actually, cause I really need to finish the second draft of my WIP before I write the sequel, but I REALLY /WANT/ NANO TO COME) I'm just sooooo excited for nano I AM GOING TO SCREAM NOW *screams* AND I DO HAVE A TITLE. IT'S "THE KING'S VOW" AND I LOVE IT AJSDFHLKAJSDFHLKAJESHFKLJAEF (also, ALL CAPS ARE DA BEST)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WHY THANK YOU FABULOUS COFFEE BEAN! YESYESYESNANOWILLBEAMAZINGAHHHHHHH

      Delete