Why I Loved A Time to Rise

   Ok, so maybe you've heard about this book, or one of the others in the Out of Time series. If you've read my blog for a while, you know I looooove this series. I asked for the first two books for Christmas, and read them within a week.
   THEY ARE FABULOUSNESS!
   I LOVED THE FIRST ONE!
   THE SECOND ONE WAS AMAZING, BUT I HAD MY REASONS FOR LIKING NUMBER ONE!
   THE THIRD ONE MADE ME BAWL FOR TEN MINUTES DURING ONE POINT AND SHRIEK AND FLOP!
   READ THEMMMMM!
   Ok, seriously though, here are the reasons why I loved this book, A Time to Rise (which you can pre-order right now and get swag).



      This book...IUKASDJLPAWPSADJWEOERGS OK? CAN I JUST FLOP AND GIBBERISH AND YOU TAKE THAT AS...NO? I have to speak coherently? Rats. Ok then.

   1. Um, the ending of book 2

   I think anyone who read A Time to Speak shrieked at the ending. HOW COULD THE AUTHOR END IT LIKE THATTTT??? HOW COULD SHE? IT WAS LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE TO DO! *attempts to keep this spoiler free* JUST LET ME TELL YOU EVERYTHING! Ok okkkkkk
   *coughs* Also, I met this fabulous author at my OYAN conference. I MET HER OK? OH MY GOSH THAT WAS AHHH I would like be really awkward and see her talking to someone and squeak to my poor roommate about how amazing she was. Then when my mom came I finally got the nerve to talk to her and SHE SIGNED MY BOOKSSSS! DO YOU KNOW HOW AMAZING IT WAS TO GET A HUG FROM YOUR FAVORITE AUTHOR? AND THEN LATER WALK TO THE CAF WITH HER AND EAT LUNCH????
   *ends rant*

   2. The feels

   THE FEELS, MY COFFEE ARMY! THE FEELS! WHYYYYYYY! I LEGIT EMAILED NADINE BRANDES (who is fabulous and emails back) AND COMPLAINED ABOUT EVERTHING IN ALL CAPS AND SHE DID NOT CONSOLE ME BUT INSTEAD PROCEEDED TO ALERT ME THAT I NEEDED TO ALERT HER WHEN I FINISHED! YAS! NO CONSOLING DURING A BOOK BECAUSE SHE KNEW IT'D GET WORSE!

   3. THE PLAYLIST

   GUYSES THE PLAYLISTS ARE AMAZING!

  

   These songs are absolutely fabulous! THEY MATCH THE SONGS AND IF YOU LISTEN WHILE YOU READ YOU CRY MOREEEE!

4. The covers

  


   STARE AT THE AMAZING COVERS!

      5. BlackHawke

   Ok, I know there's an Insta post around here somewhere that explains the ship names (#pb+j for Parvin and Jude) BUT SERIOUSLY I SQUEALED SO MUCH! BLACKHAWKE IS SO CUTE WHYYYYY IS THEY SO CUTE OVER EGGS SERIOUSLY???

   7. CHARACTER GROWTH

   My angels are all grown up! And...not always in a good way...but...*sobs and curls into ball and shrieks and cries* OK SO CHARACTER GROWTH HAS ALWAYS BEEN HARD FOR ME, BUT THESE ARE SO AMAZING! LIHDKLALSKIPQEJDNLALNKS I WATCHED DEM GROW UPPPPPPPPP!


   So these are the top reasons why you should read these books! And of course the author is fabulous too, and the rest of the books, so basically just read them all and you'll love them!


I am an adventurer, fusing authentic faith with bold imagination. I never received my Hogwarts letter, but rest assured I’m no Muggle (and would have been in Ravenclaw House, thank you very much.) This Harry Potter super-nerd has been known to eat an entire package of Oreos (family-size) by herself, and watches Fiddler on the Roof at least once a year. I write about brave living, finding purpose, and other worlds soaked in imagination. My dystopian trilogy (The Out of Time Series) challenged me to pursue shalom, which is now my favorite word (followed closely by bumbershoot.) When I’m not taste-testing a new chai or editing fantasy novels, me and my knight-in-shining armor (nickname: “hubby”) are out pursuing adventures.

You can find her:
   Rachael

   OK GUYS WHO'S READ THESE BOOKS? FAVORITE CHARACTER? IF YOU HAVEN'T WHICH POINT MADE YOU WANT TO READ IT MOST???


Comments

  1. I can't wait to get ahold of #3!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHSHDHDHDHDHD YASYASYAYSAYSYASYASYAYDYASYSYSYAYSYSYAS JUST YAS OH ME GOODNESS YAS AND THE EGGS? YES THE EGGS AHDHXBXBXB THAT WAS SO CUTE I WAS JUST DYING AND LIKE AHDJDJDHDJDNXJDHDHDBDBXHDHDHDBXUEBXYSHDHSJDBSH AND THEN AND THEN *dies* RACHAEL HALP ALL THE JUDE MAN FEELS *is basically just blurting this all it here* RACHAEL HALP HALP HALP ME ANDNDJDHDHDJDJDDHSUH

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHSHDHDHDHDHD YASYASYAYSAYSYASYASYAYDYASYSYSYAYSYSYAS JUST YAS OH ME GOODNESS YAS AND THE EGGS? YES THE EGGS AHDHXBXBXB THAT WAS SO CUTE I WAS JUST DYING AND LIKE AHDJDJDHDJDNXJDHDHDBDBXHDHDHDBXUEBXYSHDHSJDBSH AND THEN AND THEN *dies* RACHAEL HALP ALL THE JUDE MAN FEELS *is basically just blurting this all it here* RACHAEL HALP HALP HALP ME ANDNDJDHDHDJDJDDHSUH

    ReplyDelete
  4. I GOT MY COPY IN THE MAIL TODAY! O.O GAH! I'm DYING while I wait for my mom to finish reading it. xD

    When I was freaking out about it, my little sister said, "... Maybe you should go take a nap."
    xD And then my mom said, "She probably won't sleep for twenty-four hours, because she'll want to read this all night."

    ... My mom knows me too well. ^-^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES THATS HOW I WAS! I CRIED SO HARD AND MAH DAD WAS LIKE "YOU NEED SLEEP" AND I WAS LIKE "NYEH!"

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts