Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Wrap it Up~November

   So you may have noticed the sudden stop of posts from me...
   Oops.
   NaNoWriMo for the world. 
   So basically I wrote over 80k in a month, and then I died. But technically that doesn't include allll of the words I did, just the ones I counted. *nods* Here's some things that I learned in November due to writing.


   1. Always stay focused

   I was definitely distracted after day...2. *sighs* And it wasn't even over anything in particular until a few days later, I just didn't want to write. Now I can write pretty fast, around 450-500 words in ten minutes, and higher if I'm mega-focused.
   I would write 200 in ten minutes.
   That's a realllly good amount of words, don't get me wrong, but I know that's only partially focused for me. I needed to just write. And it wasn't helping that I winged it instead of plotting...
   So just write. Stay focused. You've got this.

   2. Have a list

   I should have had a list of plot things that I wanted, such as (hypothetical)
  •    talk about dragons
  • use Jessica's blindness to it's full extent
  • Mention Juck's dying phone a lot
   But I didn't, so Catus's insanity isn't as epic as I wanted, the dreams weren't as prominent, although I think that's because I need time to write the dreams. This isn't a huge problem, because I plan on editing this book, but it would have helped.

    3. Don't write anything else

   Ok, so I'll admit, some days I couldn't even think Red King, so I wrote something else. It helped me to where I could, but I was behind.
    Majorly...behind.
   And I wanted to write 100k, but I ended up with around 70k in Red King, a short story, and a scene from another book. After I finished Red King, I was ok with doing the short story, but not before.
  

   4. Don't set a goal.

   I knew I wanted it to be 100k, but I shouldn't have set a goal and instead just written until my story was done. Katie Grace did this and she did a fabulous job with NaNo. (Go read her NaNoWriMo Weekly's, they're so fabulous!) Hannah also did this, and she also woooon! (Yes, this is the Hannah who's book is epic and similar to mine and simply amazing and her blog is fabulous and encouraging here)

   5. Never say an idea is stupid

   Here's a screenshot of a convo by the amazing Sierra and I at seven o'clock last night.


      By the end of the night I was bawling because the emotion this charrie gave meeeee *flaps hands and runs around* THIS STORY So basic rundown, it started as a flash fiction, but haha nope not anymore. This girl is part of a ninja organization where you never see your face or anyone elses, ever, and you almost never speak. Alessia breaks into a place and steals something, gets caught, is being questioned by this guy who's wearing a ninja mask, and he wants her to take hers off.
    I mean...she doesn't want to die...
   But she ends up seeing his face and letting him see hers.
   First time she's ever seen a human's face.
   GUYSSSS SHE WAS SO EMOTIONAL AT THAT POINT!
   *shoves you snippet*
  


    Ok so for a wrap up, I have a list of people who I need to thank for this NaNo.

   Mom- For letting me hide away and write like a maniac and putting up with my mood swings.
   Sierra- For being an amazing encouraging buddy all month.
   Hannah- For reading Red King while I wrote and sobbing and yelling and of course warring with me.
   Hann- For reading and commenting on Red King during the month, also word wars.
   Shelby- For spending the first night of NaNo with me and writing like a crazy person.
   Faith- Lots of word wars and an amazing comment on the Short Story.
   Hannah W.- For the posts she did, these were soooo helpful all month.
   And just about all my other writing buddies for being epic and just existing.
  
   Thank you so much for reading!
   Rachael
   Have you finished NaNo yet? How're you doing with your word count? Do you have a favorite snippet you wrote?
   Alsoooo last thing, I'm actually letting people read the Short Story I did for NaNo, a futuristic one, so message me through my blog and I'll send you the Word Document for it, or invite you to the Google Doc. And I have a deal with Hannah R. that if ten people asked, I'd write a novel about it. *nods* Before January though...So head over to the WIP page and I'm working on getting the info up there.


  

15 comments:

  1. I WANT TO READ THE NINJA STORY!!! *scrambles for contact form*
    That wrap up was awesome! And Ioved your snippets. CONGRATS ON HITTING 80K IN YOUR STORY! that is amazing. I got my 50k mark, and can't wait to continue working on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOUUUU! Yassss NaNo is the best for just getting it done.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. *flops* Yup, it was a loooot of words but I did it. *nods*

      Delete
  3. RACHAEL YOU DID AWESOME! *grins* thank you for putting me on your list! aND THAT SHORT STORY THOUGH. YOU MUST WRITE MORE. Also, Red King is amazing, you did a fabulous job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AW THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU AND THANK YOU SHELBY

      Delete
  4. *squeaks* YASYAS THEE DIDST FAB *hands put cake and cookies* AND THY STORIES ARE FAB AND (#stillhaventforgivenyouforRKsending -_-) HEARTRENDING. now I shall find an emoji to commemorate this moment...🐳☕✏📖=🐳📕💔 tada *bows*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ACK THANK YOU FABULOUS WRITING BUDDY FOR LIFE

      Delete
  5. Faith...Faith...that's meee!! *blushes* Aww, I enjoyed WW-ing with you and your story was incredible. (But heartbreaking too... ;P)

    80k...OHMYGOODNESS DATS FAAABBBBB!!! XD Coonnnggraaatttss!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *beams* Thank youuu and yes...*hides* I know...
      ACJKSDSLSDPUIWSEIOUSWE

      Delete
  6. ACK YOU ACTUALLY MENTIONED ME 😄 I'm never mentioned XD and I enjoyed warring with you and helping with RK

    But seriously 80k ... Is a lot. MAJOR CONGRATS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OF COURSE WORD WARRING BUDDY YOU WERE FABULOUS AND YOUR STORY IS FABULOUS
      yes it is. flops over dead and is too tired to do asterisks and capitals

      Delete
  7. I have yet to do NANO. I want to but I am such a lazy person when it comes to thinking about writing that many words. AH I love this post though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ACK THANK YOU AND YOU SHOULD TOTALLY DO CAMP! ITS MUCH MORE RELAXED

      Delete
  8. waoo nice post regarding "Wrap it Up~November"

    Thanks,

    MCX Free Trial

    ReplyDelete