Red King Has Returned

   So for NaNoWriMo 2016, I wrote a book called Red King*. That month Cait did something called Beautiful Books, basically Beautiful People for books, and I did it. You can read that here if you so desire.
   I'm going to steal the questions for this month's project, Red King Draft 2.**

   *I am so sorry for the overload of information and posts about my books. This is the last, I swear, at least for awhile.

   **I'm using these instead of the ones I did for Wanderlust so you can compare. ^-^


   1. what inspired the idea for your novel, and how long have you had the idea?

   Like I said in my past post, I read the Lunar Chronicles and wanted to do a fairy tale retelling, but in this post, you get the enthralling other side.
   Emmy's side.


   So Emmy's story came about because I wanted to do a desert story. I think know the original draft was a totally rip off of An Ember in the Ashes, but still. ^-^ Then at the OYAN conference I pitched my idea about "an illegal telepath" to Stephanie Morrill! AND SHE SAID IT SOUNDED COOL GUYS WOO HOO.

   And then one night after an intense day of peopling, I told Hannah and Sierra that I hated all my projects.
   Except two.
   Red King, the failed fairy tale retelling, and Fire and Gold, the desert story.
   So obviously the next step is to combine them.

   2. Describe what your novel is about!

   I think my fabulous synopsis which took 203828 drafts to write sums it up, and if it doesn't, I'll write draft 203829.
  
   At one time, Dreamers were free to manipulate the minds of others. To serve as healers, to read people as judges, and to give people good dreams.
And then that all changed.

Emmy simply wants to live without fear of the law demanding the death of all Dreamers. Catus simply wants to sleep at night without nightmares. Neither can accomplish it without the other in a twisted way.

Amidst the Dreamer danger within the palace, a growing threat, a rumor, really lurks beyond. Inside, however, Catus's insanity constantly haunts him, and now Emmy. Moving past that itself is impossible, even more so now that she's considered a traitor by her own kind.

  
   What doth thou think???

   3. What is your book's aesthetics? Use words or photos or whatever you like!


  

   4. Introduce us to each of your characters!

   First up we have Emmy. She's sixteen, never happy, and a Dreamer. A Dreamer is someone who can manipulate someone's mind, and they're also illegal and killed as soon as they're discovered. She thinks she's the last one, and that's why her parents went to such links to disconnect themselves from her. Emmy has an adopted brother Val who's a year younger.
   Here's a picture of her.



   Then we have Catus. Catus is insane. Catus speaks to imaginary people, voices in his head, and he can't get rid of nightmares. He has a tendency to stab people when he's upset, or when he's frustrated. He also does it by accident out of habit. Catus treats people like crap. Catus is married to Leela and has a son named Marcus.
   Here is a picture of him as well.


   5. How do you prefer to write?

   I definitely have an outline, but I research, plot, character sheet, I do a lot. Word wars, sprints, and crawls are extremely helpful. Also coffee. Lots and lots of coffee.

   6. What are you most looking forwards to about this novel?

   DREAMERS. DREAMERS ARE FABULOUS AND PRECIOUS AND SCARY AND *FLAPS HANDS* I CAN'T DESCRIBE THEM. I SWEAR I'LL PUT A SNIPPET UP WITH THEM WHEN I WRITE IT.

   7. List three things about your novels settings

   It's very dark.
   It's very sandy.
   It's very occupied.

   8. What's your character's goal and who (or what) stands in the way?

   Emmy's goal is to live safe and take care of Val. Catus's is to stop having nightmares. The fact that she's a Dreamer stands in the way of hers, and the fact that his father killed all the Dreamers ;) stands in the way of Catus's.

   And I shall be skipping the last two...*coughs* Thank you for reading!
   Rachael

   What are you writing for Camp/during April? Did you read the first post I did on Red King in November? Does it sound better/worse/no different?R

Comments

  1. Wow! Can't wait to read "Dreamers!" (Gogi)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so good!! I actually like when you do posts about your books. So, it doesn't bother me. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. xD Thank you! I also want people to gain something from posts about topics though. :P

      Delete
  3. I'm writing a historical novel for camp. It's title is currently Hiraeth... But I might change it. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh! Is it a WWII about Japanese? (Just my guess from the title)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts