Saturday, April 8, 2017

Camp NaNoWriMo Week #1

  Let's just pretend that I didn't disappear the last two weeks...and that this post isn't a day late. So setting that aside, I AM ALIVE HI HELLO I HAVE SURVIVED.
  I documented what happened the first week, day by day. AND I HAVE DREAMER SNIPPETS AS I SAID I WOULD. So without further ado, here is my first week of NaNoWriMo.

  Day 1: The First

  Mission: write lots of words

  Mission status: FAIL

  In my defense, I woke up and immediately went to a church workday. That was fun, however, and the workday included these things.
  •   awkwardly standing around until I saw a job
  •   grabbing a rake and raking pine needles
  •   consulting on how high to put swings so tall people can use them (I'm five ten and one of the three teenagers there taller than five six).
  •   watching a man fix the swings and offering stupid comments to make myself laugh
  •   being dragged away by a friend to help garden
  •   realizing my shirt under my sweat shirt was too small #oops
  •   lots of digging
  •   discussing minute phones with fren as he we pulled a wheel barrel of clay across the property
  •   weeding with said fren and complaining about stickers
  •   playing on a swing set and jungle gym because that's what we do

  So it looks like I was productive, but when I got home I really didn't do anything...I got maybe 1.5k written, so that's that.

  Day 2: The Second

  Mission: write some words

  Mission status: success in lowercase

  I wrote some words frens.

  Day 3: The Third

  Mission: write words with four cousins in the house

  Mission status: SUCCESS WOO HOO LOOK AT ME GO

  Emma and I sat at the table and did school/listened to music/drank lattes. I learned how to make something that looks kind of fancy, so that's cool. I got fresh air. I wrote some. I survived. Praise me.

  Day 4: The Fourth

  Mission: SURVIVE AGAINST THE ODDS

  Mission status: SUCCESS

  I was successful today too, and I got words done. However, we have a dilemma. I worked the next day.
 

  Only two or three hours though, so that was good. I survived that too and somehow made it home to write. By this time, though, Wanderlust had struck.
  Meaning MY CHARACTERS WERE SPEAKING.
  Y'all, if you remember when I talked about Wanderlust, one of the POV characters is named Helena. And I thought that her backstory was just an abusive brother, but...As I plan her out, I have found that it goes much deeper than that. And I've been squishing her for three days.

  Day 5: Why am I writing out the numbers when I said Day 5?

  Mission: Survive work

  Mission status: SUCCESS

  I pumped out some great words, guys. Some. And all for Wanderlust. Someone help me please. Also Helena is adorable, and I cheated and wrote a scene with Sierra as a guy. The sad thing is he was innocently flirting, but she didn't recognize it as anything other than being nice, because to her flirting was always much more out-there. He was adorable. I have my backup ship if Zai tragically vanishes. #ididn'tdoit
 
  Here's a smol snippet.

  Day 6: you get it by now

  Mission: survive volunteering in early morning+school+work

  Mission status: FAIL

  I FAILED SO HARD.

  Day 7: imma stop now

  Mission: write 3k

  Mission status: still going I'll alert you next week

  I worked awhile today, came home and studied for a history test, and then took it. I then went on to FaceTime my cousin and we cleaned our rooms. His looks great. Mine sucks.

 Also have some snippets.

   Catus:



   Emmy:


Emmy:


   VAL:




  So here is what has happened. I'm sorry for my ranting.
  Rachael.

  Has anything crazy happened to you? Are you surviving? SPEAK BEANS!

 

 



4 comments:

  1. THE SNIPPETS. THE SNIPPETS. THEY ARE GOLD *flails*.

    Ahem, yes. They were lovely bits of words and I need more xD. And I'M STARTING TO SURVIVE. The first week of Camp was TERRIBLE, but I think I'm getting better? WE SHALL SEE, WHO CAN TELL xD. Best of luck with week two, Rachael!

    ~ Savannah
    scattered-scribblings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU SO MUCH.
      i feel you, Savannah, and I feel the whole "regrets of a second draft" thing. It sucks. Can't wait til July.

      Delete
  2. LOVE THE drawing SNIPPET about Helena!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete