The Soundtrack Behind Red King

   I am a horrible narwhal. Shame me. I am so underprepared for NaNo that I only just now thought of doing my October posts on my story...*headdesks* SO YOU GUYS GET THREE OUT OF FOUR POSTS ABOUT RED KING!

    So the first group of songs I have for you are the songs for Catus.

*bows* I have conveniently made a series of playlists for the story so you can listen to them.


Some of my favorites are Monster by Imagine Dragons, Mansion by NF, Goner and Heathens by Twenty One Pilots, Can You Hear Me by Flurie, AHH SO MANY GOOD ONES Unsteady by X Ambassadors. AHHH THESE SONGS GUYS AHHHH I'll choose...two and go over why they're Catus' songs.

   Mansion: NF
My mind is a home I'm trapped in
And it's lonely inside this mansion


DHSDIOWEKSNJKDS OK First up Catus is insane. Traumatic events have driven him to the edge and his mind is basically a bowl of mixed pasta noodles and most of them are moldy. *nods* So he feels like his mind is this huge mansion with so many rooms of hurt and pain he wants to shut them all and burn them.

   Wish I could take a match and burn this whole room to the ground
   Matter of fact I think Ima burn this room right now


   I've actually planned this whole scene out, well, many scenes, but...Ok, if you've seen the BBC Sherlock, you know how he wanders his mind palace? That's how this is pretty much, and when Emmy starts getting into his head, she's just running around this mansion and he's like trying to keep her out of these rooms but she's running from her own scary things that are also in there because she is so she's like trying to get in a room and block it out.


   Heathens: Twenty One Pilots
   All my friends are heathens, take it slow
   Wait for them to ask you who you know
   Please don't make any sudden moves
   You don't know the half of the abuse


   ACK! THIS FIRST LINE IS JUST...OAIWIYSIEHLHLSD

   You're lovin' on the psychopath sitting next to you
   You're lovin' on the murderer sitting next to you
   You'll think, how'd I get here, sitting next to you?
   But after all I've said, please don't forget


   Ok, so when I first heard this song, I thought it was "You'll never know the psychopath sitting next to you" BUT IT STILL FITS! He and Leela are this unsuspecting pair of psychopaths and crazy people, you have to already know that. *bawls*

   We don't deal with outsiders very well
   They say newcomers have a certain smell
   Yeah, I trust issues, not to mention
   They say they can smell your intentions


   THIS ONE GUYS! Catus literally trusts no one but Leela and his son, like no one. AND HIS TRUST ISSUES ARE SO DEEP HE WILL LITERALLY AVOID HUMANS CEPTING HIS FAMILY FOR DAYYYYYS!!!

  

   Ok so the next group of songs is the songs for Leetus, one of my three OTPs.


ACKACKACK OK THEEESE SONGSSS! Little Do You Know by Alex and Sierra, Wherever You Will Go by Andi & Alex and Chance Pena (this is a recording from The Voice and JUST LISTEN TO ITTT), Inside Out by the Chainsmokers and Charlee, Can You Hold Me by NF and Britt Nicole, Little Talks by Of Monsters and Men, Falling by the Civil Wars.
   OK HOW DO I CHOOOOOOOSE! *moans and makes floppy narwhale noises*
  
   Can You Hold Me: NF and Britt Nicole
   HAHA I lied here's the song and lyrics, it would take so long to go through it...and I know it was probably talking to God not a person, but this is how Catus and Leela are. *nods*




   Little Talks:
I don't like walking around this old and empty house
So hold my hand, I'll walk with you my dear


   I like this line because it's Leela talking to Catus and she's talking about his mind. The thing I explained above with the mansion, that's this. When he's having a nightmare, she'll help him through it, but when he goes into this state of basically madness, she's legitimately scared.

   Don't listen to a word I say
   The screams all sound the same

   This is pretty self explanatory, with the nightmares and all...

   Last song: Falling
Haven't you seen me sleepwalking 'cause I've been holding your hand
Haven't you noticed me drifting
Oh
Let me tell you I am


   Ahhhhhhh ok thissssss songgg...JUST LIKE AHHHH ITS SO AMAZING AND LEETUS AND I'M JUST GOING TO PASTE SOME LYRICS HERE:

Tell me it's nothing
Try to convince me that I'm not drowning
Oh
Let me tell you I am
Please
Please tell me you know
I've got to let you go
I can't help falling out of love with you

   AHHHHHHHHHHH!!! *FLOPS AND ROLLS OVER DEAD*

  
   Last group of songs are for Emmy.
   Fire N' Gold by Bea Miller, Through Heavens Eyes from the Prince of Egypt, A Quiet Darkness by Houses, Thief and Dream by Imagine Dragons, Oh Lord by NF.


   Fire N' Gold: Bea Miller
   Baby, we were born with
   Fire and gold in our eyes, eyes
   With fire and gold in our eyes, eyes
   Got lightning in a bottle
   Hands on the throttle
   Even in the dust we shine
   With fire and gold in our eyes


   This song is Emmy's song because she truly believes she has a spark and fire and she can help people, but everyone, Catus included, tells her she was a mistake because she's a Dreamer.

   Dream: Imagine Dragons
   We all are living in a dream,
   But life ain’t what it seems
   Oh everything’s a mess
   And all these sorrows I have seen
   They lead me to believe
   That everything’s a mess


   This is suuuch Emmy's song because of the whole dream thing, and how reality seems unstable and how it's so bad and ASJDSLUISDIUWE!


   *coughs because she only has two songs...*
   Anywho, I hope this will give you some insight to the characters, and follow me on Spotify for the playlists for these guys! Also, I shall reply to your comments on Monday, as I will be gone this weekend.
   Rachael

   Have you heard of any of these songs? Did you listen to any just now? What kind of music do you NaNo too?

Comments

  1. I Love this! (And I really enjoy Mansion. Flurie's voice!)
    Your story sounds so good, and I can't wait to read some more snippets about it. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! (I LOVE THAT SONG SO MUCH!)

      Delete
  2. Hi Rachael! So ... you said you were going to do a book review for A Time to Die by Nadine Brandes today on Booktube. I have it scheduled on my Hidden Gems blog post for Nadine. Is that not going to work?
    Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *dies and hides forever* I AM SO SORRY! I was gone this weekend, and I had no idea it was the same...I don't even know what I was thinking. Can I still post the video this week?

      Delete
    2. That's okay; I understand! And yes, absolutely! Please do it sometime this week! ^_^ Also, you're scheduled to do a review on booktube of Dare this Fri. as well. (Let me know if that won't work).

      Thanks! :)

      Delete
    3. That will! I'll be sure to post them!

      Delete
  3. OOH I think the Red King is going to be so GOOD! (also, those collages - EPICNESS)

    ~ Savannah
    scattered-scribblings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! YAS DEY IS FUN TO MAKE!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts