Saturday, October 1, 2016

Wrap it Up~September

  (PIC)
So it's the last day of September, and I know this is on a Saturday, but I forgot wanted to space the posts out since I did one for A Time to Rise. xD So without further ado, here's the wrap up!


   Life was school, basically. *nods* And writing. But mostly school. I did...*is sitting here wondering what I did...* Ok so clearly I either need coffee or a life.
   OH I GOT IT I GOT IT! Our fabulous cousins came down to visit us, and we had an amazing time downtown! We ate great pizza, and fought over who was taller. *coughs bc Josh is* *scowls*

   Inspiration was reaped from that...and I'm so sorry, but that's all I have for the life area. I was boring. I know.

   So...I read All the Light We Cannot See...for a reason which I will discuss below... But I LOVED IT OH MY GOSH!!! READ MY REVIEW HERE (a pitiful excuse for a review, I know) AND READ DA BOOOOOK!
   I also read A TIME TO RISE OH MY GOSH I LOVED THIS BOOK SO MUCH! THIS HAS A REVIEW I'M PROUD OF, BUT JUST GO READ MY POST! IT WAS FABULOUS!
   I have a ton of books to read, but I didn't actually...mostly just non-fiction research.
   OK I AM SO SORRY BUT I'M ABOUT TO DIE AND BURST IF I DON'T MOVE ON TO WRITING FOR TWO REASONS!
   OK OK OK SO as you know, the amazing Hannah and Sierra and I are writing a fantasy....*were WE FINISH IT WE FINISHED ASHES BURN GUYS I CRIED SO HARD ITS AMAZING and full of typos BUT STILL AMAZING AHHHH I LOVES THESE GUYS SO MUCH THEY ARE AMAZING WRITING BUDDIES! AND GUESS WHAT? I AM HERE WITH THE FIRST SCENE FROM ASHES BURN!


   Hazel slipped into the office, pulling her mask up around her mouth. She slid her previous book onto the shelf and ran her hands over the others. Her fingers closed around one and she smiled the slightest bit.
   “Hey,” a male voice said from the doorway. “What are you doing in here?”
   She froze, her breath steaming in the cloth. Slowly she let go of the book and took a deep breath, not answering.
   There was the sound of someone stepping closer and the voice, sounding frustrated, spoke again. “I said, what are you doing?” he demanded.
   Hazel’s eyes flicked to the window in response. She stepped towards it, avoiding the boy’s gaze.
   The boy frowned and lunged forwards, catching hold of her wrist.
   She pulled against him, straining to get to the window. No no no, this can’t happen! Her hand shot to her knife, but she immediately let it go. You can’t attack the King.
   The boy blocked the way to the window with his body, maintaining a firm grip on Hazel’s wrist. “Answer my question or I’ll call the guards!” he ordered.
   She reached up to make sure her scarf was still covering her face and coughed. “I was just getting something.” she said in a low voice.
   The boy jerked her wrist, tugging her towards the door. “Not a good answer. This is the Ki- my study. You need approval to even be in here.” He told her.
   “My mother gave me approval.” she answered, trying to pull his hand off of her wrist. “You haven’t noticed until now.”
   “Who is your mother?” he demanded.
   “Kayley Karmadea.” she answered, glancing out of the window. “I was just getting a book, ok?”
   He let go of her wrist as if it were covered in acid and took a couple steps away from her, still blocking her path to the window. “Your mother is Kayley Karmadea?”
   “Yes, of course.” She still avoided his gaze and rubbed her wrist, glancing at the door. “Look, if it helps, my mother knew your mother and father, so…” she shrugged. “I don’t know.”
   His jaw clenched. “Your mother killed my father. It doesn't help. Kayley Karmadea was a traitor, and her approving you to be in here is worthless. Get out of my study, or I'll call the guards.”
   “Precisely my goal in the first place.” she ran to the window and ducked out, then back in. “To be fair though, your father did cut her face up, then take over her country, then enslave her, so…” she shrugged. “You disapproving me from this study is worthless to me too.”
   “Michael!” the boy shouted. “Jacob!”
   The girl jumped from the window to the branch outside, but the edge of her scarf caught on the window and she pulled it off, dropping to the ground below.
   The two guards outside ran in, their hands on their swords. “Sir, is everything alright?” Michael asked, looking around.
   Ash crossed the room to the window, tugging the scarf free and holding it in his hands for a moment.    “I want the branch outside this window cut,” He told them, turning back around. “Anyone could climb up the tree out there, across the branch, and get in here without alerting the guards, if they were quick enough.”
     “Yes sir…” Michael nodded slowly. “Is everything alright? Besides the...branch?”
    Ash hesitated a moment. “I want whatever information you have on the woman who… who killed my father.”
    Michael narrowed his eyes, but nodded and walked over to the shelf against the wall. “We have a file on her.” he said, pulling one out.
     Ash nodded and took it. “Thanks. That will be all.”
     Michael nodded and the two guards left the room, leaving Ash alone.


   AHHHHHH I LOVES IT!!! I LOVES IT SO MUCH! Tell me what you think!

   Also...research books...WE STARTED A WORLD WAR II BOOK!!! A RETELLING OF IT, SO IT'S NOT HISTORICAL, BUT VERY VERY CLOSE. *shriekles* I'll just tell you a tiny bit about it.
   So the main character is this girl from Brundhilm (ally group), Liza, who is a spy, and she agrees to go spy in this Reich (German) city. She ends up befriending these two (Hitler Youth, we haven't renamed it yet) and they're so sweet and *flops* but she's a spy, so every time she has to use them for info, it hurts because she actually likes them. So the book is about her in this Reich city, spying. 
   THIS BOOK IS HEARTBREAKING BECAUSE OF THE TWO HITLER YOUTH BOYS! Stefan is more serious then Will, and he's so sweet and kind. The Hitler Youth boys hung out in the square a lot of times, and Liza came up with this reason to go with Stefan so that she could listen for anything helpful to the Brundhilm army. And Stefan is so adorable and just *screams* he makes sure the boys like don't mess with her and it's just adorableeee! #Stezaforever
   Will on the other hand knows what's up...ish. Liza's really sweet and nice to Stefan, her real personality, but to Will, she's this sarcastic, reckless, dishonest girl. She gets multiple warning from him for breaking the law, cheats off of his tests, and lies totally straight faced. Honestly...I'm not sure why he's friends with her...
   *coughs* Enough about the stories...*could go on and on* *especially about Stefan* *who's last name is Engel which means "angel" in German* *and he has a puppy* *and I totally ship him and Liza* *coughs again and really does move on*


   Thank you so much for reading this!
   Rachael
   DID YOU LIKE THE FIRST SCENE? HOW DOES THE WWII BOOK SOUND? Are you ready to prep for NaNo? Do you plot or pants?

15 comments:

  1. I LOVE the ASHES BURN Scene! It's awesome!!! Totally want to read more! Awesome wrap up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That scene was super interesting!!! Sounds awesome!
    AN YOU STARTED A WWII STORY?!?! Oh, it sounds amazing!! I adore WWII books!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WE DID WE DID! ITS A RETELLING, BUT SUPER SUPER CLOSE AND AHHHHH!

      Delete
  3. OOH I LOVE THAT SCENE! It was epic *nods*. And I ALSO love your idea for a World War Two story - it sounds super cool!

    ~ Savannah
    scattered-scribblings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, you cowrote a book? WITH THREE PEOPLE? I think you mentioned that before, but that is the coolest thing. And kind of scary. I'm plotting a co-written book with someone right now, and it is HARD. But also exciting. :D

    // katie grace
    a writer's faith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *nods* ITS NOT SCARY ITS NOT! You just need to find a time when you guys can all write, and it's cool! We finished ours in about...two months maybe? And that was over a hundred thousand words.

      Delete
  5. AHHDDHHDHDHXHDHUSD ASHES BUUUUURRRRNNN YASYASYASYASYASYAS *dies of the awesomeness* I also love the scene *coughs* I LOVE EVERY SCENE


    In mah baby Will's defense, He was the one to protect her from the other boys in the HY. Stefan told one of the boys to shut up one time when he called her sweets, but anything beyond that was not defending her against the boys. WILL ACTUALLY SAVED HER LIFE FROM ONE -_-_-_-_--__-_--_-_- #lilhelmforever

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YASYASYAS I LOVE ALL DA SCENE!
      -____- HANNAH YOU KNOW SHE COULD HAVE LIKE NOT DIED HE DIDN'T DO BUT STEFAN WOULD HAVE, DEY JUST BACKED OFF WHEN STEFAN WAS THERE!

      Delete
  6. Congrats on finishing your draft!! WOOOO!! CAKE FOR EVERYBODY CEARLY! *flings confetti in the air* :D And good luck with your WWII book and NaNo prep! I need to start outlining for NaNo before I procrastinate until the end of the month hahah. 😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU PREFERABLY WITH CHOCOLATE CHIPS CHOCOLATE CHIP CAKE IS FABULOUS! AND THANK YOUUU! *nods* I finished my basic outline, but...I have to redo it. xD

      Delete
  7. Sounds like this month was fun! (and I totally get that school can take over... *grumbles*)

    Ooh, I like the sound of your WWII book! I had an epic idea for a historical fiction story set in WWII, but... RESEARCH. *cries* It has so much potential, and yet the research is going to be massive, if I ever write it. #hardcorefantasywriter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. also: *jaw drops because Ashes Burn is over 100,000 words long??*

      Delete
    2. It was! THANK YOU! YES RESEARCH IS HARD BUT...
      No no no, Ashes Burn is 60k, but with the pre-story/book we also wrote it is.

      Delete